We are assisting in hiring Concreters and Steel fixers for the Laverton area.
These positions are now available 5 days per week ON-GOING
• Concreters will be working with concrete machinery in pouring/manufacturing concrete modular slabs in a warehouse in Laverton. All equipment and tools are provided by us.
• Steel Fixers will work in teams to tie steel for the structure of the concrete slab, Steel fixers will only need to provide their steel fixing wire belt and nips.
Key areas of responsibility:
– Read building plans to determine what materials are required for a particular job and set out the materials that you are going to use.
– Cut and shape steel bars, and weld, wire, clip structural steel materials into place.
– All concrete comes in by cement truck. Although sometimes staff mix cement with other materials such as gravel, sand and water, and pour concrete usually over steel reinforcement, moving it into position using a pump or kibble.
– Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
– Be in fit physical condition
– Be proficient in measuring and cutting, as the pre-made form sizes don’t always match the structure dimensions.
– Knowledge of carpenter machinery and the ability to figure angles.
– Ability to operate independently and use initiative.
-Ability to read plans.
– Ordinary hours of work from 6am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday
– Pay is weekly
– Work is on-going