Update 10th of June 2020
We have received many great applications for this role and have provided them to the employer. We are no longer taking applications for the time being.
All suitable candidates will be contacted over the next few days.
The recruitment process will take a month to 6 weeks to on board all the staff. The employer is more than doubling their workforce and new equipment is being installed to support production.
To apply for any of these roles you must register for Jobs Victoria here.
Complete the form and upload to the job you are applying for along with your resume
Australian owned and operated Med-Con is a manufacturer and importer of Disposable Protective Apparel, Medical Packaging, Sterilization Products and Hospital storage and transport systems.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, and monitor face masks being manufactured through specialist machinery. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for performing quality control checks and packaging items ready for transport. This role will typically report to a shift Supervisor.
Hours of Duty
This is a casual role, with hours for night shift of 11.00 pm to 7.00 am.
The role will operate on a rolling roster of 4 nights on, 4 nights off, 4 nights, on etc.
It is anticipated that there will be ongoing work until December 2020, at which time a review of the need for ongoing work will be undertaken.
As a casual employee no Annual Leave, Sick Leave or Long Service leave will accrue, however Workcover and superannuation is applicable, and you will be part of a friendly team in a small but busy factory manufacturing quality medical supplies.
The commencing wage (which includes loading for casual employment and night shift) will be $31.08 per hour, with Award penalties when rostered on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays also being applicable.
- Operate machinery ensuring the correct material is being used and fed into the designated machinery
- Monitor the production process
- Maintain the production unit by appropriate cleaning and sanitising
- Perform basic quality control checks to ensure the output of all products are as specified and made to the regulated standard
- Follow all Health and Safety regulations and directions.
- Inform the shift Supervisor of any safety hazards.
- Package finished products and prepare them for transport
- Store goods and raw materials properly in the warehouse
Required skills & attributes:
- Completed High School or equivalent, including competent literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience as a Machine Operator or working in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Knowledge of Production procedures
- Good knowledge of OHS and safe work practices
- Ability to take direction
- Attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and organisational skills
- Ability to work both independently but also as part of a team
- Physical stamina and strength
All casual employees are required to enter Med-Con’s standard Casual Employment Agreement, which outlines our mutual obligations in relation to the engagement.